- Cord Connectors, Cable Glands & Wire Mesh Grips
- Molded Connectors & Cordsets
- Solar Connectors
- Search Online Catalog
- Featured Products
- Customer Testimonials
- Tuff-Seal Markets Served
- Tuff-Link Markets Served
- Flexible Solutions
- Cord Connectors & Wire Mesh Grips
- Molded Connectors & Cordsets
- Modification Levels
- Contact Us
- About Us
- News & Programs
- Quality & Compliance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Remke Energy
- Remke Gives Back
- Media Center
- Press Releases
- Image Library
- White Papers
- Competitor Comparison Matrix
- NEW Remke Capabilities Brochure
- Cord Connectors & Wire Mesh Grips Purchasing Checklist
- Molded Connectors & Cordsets Purchasing Checklist
- Remke Top 10
- Market Trends & Research Studies
- Other Useful Websites
- Media Center
- Sales Support
Cable Strain Relief, Pulling, Routing, & Positioning is easier than you think!
Specify Remke Wire Mesh Grips
In stock & ready to ship, the Remke family of Wire Mesh Grips are the answer for any application where you need cable supported vertically or horizontally, indoors or out. Using Remke strain relief grips eliminates a potential safety issue where cable is insufficiently supported by the electrical terminations.
Have a Question?
Get Help from an Authorized Product Expert Call 1-877-438-8833
Online ePublication with virtual pages
Remke Wire Mesh Grips are available in various lengths & sizes. Optional cord connectors, for use with any grip, are available in aluminum, steel, stainless steel, nickel-plated aluminum & non-metallic materials to meet a variety of environmental concerns. Our line of wire mesh cable grips includes:
- Standard Support Grips: available in a variety of eye styles & cable ranges for use either indoors or outdoors to hold the weight of vertical or sloping cable up to 600 lbs.
- Lace Closing Support Grips: designed for suspension or pulling where neither end of the conductor is available, suitable for permanent support applications and have the best gripping ability of split-type grips.
- Rod Closing Support Grips: have the lowest gripping ability of split closure methods but is the fastest and easiest to install. The rod does not touch the cable at any point preventing cuts.
- Wide Range Strain Relief Grips: for indoor use only in dry locations & help control arc-of-bend with strain distributed over the length of the grip instead of at a single point. Used to connect cord or cable to electrical enclosures and equipment, power boxes, portable tools, panel boards and machine tools.
- I-Grips: designed for indoor use only, are easy to attach and used to secure plug bodies, provide heavy-duty strain relief and control cable arc-of-bend.
- Bus Drop Grips: support flexible cord or cable at the bus duct when power is supplied from an overhead source. They relieve tension, absorb vibration which protects the cable, and are suitable for indoor use only.
- Junior Pulling Grips: reusable tools with a flexible eye are ideally suited for small jobs where pulling tension is low. They are used for pulling single cable or bundled cables, wire or rope through conduit in overhead, underground, electrical construction and industrial applications.
- Light Duty Pulling Grips: flexible eye for easy attachment to a pulling line & used in general underground electrical construction where pulling tensions are low. Easy tools to use for industrial plant wiring & rewiring and for commercial buildings.
For more information about the variety of options available when selecting cord grips please check out this white paper:
Working Load/Safety Factor
The approximate breaking strength of a Remke grip represents an average calculation based on test factors which have been determined in our engineering labs using NEW grips and metal rods. The broad application of Remke grips request adequate safety factors to be used to establish a SAFE working load. As a rule of thumb the working load may be considered 1/10 of the approximate breaking strength listed in the catalog. Refer to specific catalog pages for more information.
The grips in the catalog have listed Approximate Breaking Strength. The approximate breaking strength of a Remke grip represents an average calculation based on test factors which have been determined from data established from actual testing performed in our engineering laboratories. The actual testing is performed with new grips on metal rods, subject to straight longitudinal tensile loads applied at a uniform rate. Normal manufacturing and test factors can produce a variation of + or - 20% in the approximate breaking strength values listed.
The broad application of Remke Grips on a wide variety of objects requires that adequate safety factors be used to establish a safe working load. The ratio of the listed approximate breaking strength to the normal working load is the safety factor. As an example, a safety factor of ten (10) would then mean the working load is established by dividing the catalog listed approximate breaking strength by ten (10), or it can be stated that the working load is 1/10 of the catalog listed approximate breaking strength.
It is impossible to set a safety factor suitable for all cases as operating conditions are never the same. The load, the speed, the acceleration, the diameter, number of objects gripped, surface of object being gripped, and the attachments used— all of these should be considered, together with the effects of abrasions, corrosion, prior use, or abuse, etc. The user engineer must consider all the variables of his specific application, as well as possible accident consequences, before selecting the safety factor to be applied. Where the conditions of the application are not well defined or where risk of personnel or property damage is high, a greater safety factor should be utilized.
Any warranty as to quality, performance or fitness for use of grips is always premised on the condition that the published approximate breaking strengths apply only to new, unused grips and that such products are properly stored, handled, used, maintained, and properly inspected from time to time during the period of use.
The factory should be consulted for specific application recommendations where approximate breaking strength and holding are considered critical.
Developing Application-Specific Solutions That Meet Your Precise Needs
When a standard, off-the-shelf product won't solve your problem… and when other manufacturers tell you 'sorry we can't help you'…look no further than the Remke Flexible Solutions Center…100% dedicated to designing custom products, specials, adaptations and variations with these services offered to all our customers:
- Free product design assistance
- Rapid Prototyping
- Design, engineering & manufacturing in the USA
- Quick turnaround in as little as days (based on complexity)
- Versatile & innovative solutions
- Small or large volume manufacturing for any product we design
- 100% product testing
- Compliance Certification – UL, CSA, TUV, CE, etc. (where applicable)
Let us relieve the burden of developing an idea into a manufactured product. We can fast-track design & create prototypes within days depending on the level of modification required. Put your connectivity problems into the hands of the Remke Flexible Solutions Center.