Remke Wire Mesh Grips
Industrial-Strength Cable Strain Relief for long-term Pullout Prevention and Extra Cable Support
Remke Wire Mesh Grips provide extra strain relief to cable runs for safer installations. They are ideal for vertical and horizontal applications where cable is insufficiently supported by the electrical terminations.
Wire mesh cable grips can be used indoors or outdoors, and even in harsh environments. Designed to provide long-term cable support without loosening their hold, Remke’s grips are built to perform.
Remke’s line of wire mesh grips is in-stock and ready to ship, or be customized to your specs in small or large quantities.
- Technical Specifications
- Engineered Solutions
Wire Mesh Grips Provide Heavy-Duty Cable Strain Relief
Long-term, heavy-duty strain relief starts with the right, high-quality wire mesh grips.
Many Options to Meet your Specs
To meet the exact specifications of your application, many different lengths, sizes and materials are available. From standard or nickel-plated to stainless steel and specialty, non-metallic materials, Remke has you covered!
Types of wire mesh grips from Remke includes:
- Standard Support Grips: available in a variety of eye styles & cable ranges for use either indoors or outdoors to hold the weight of vertical or sloping cable up to 600 lbs.
- Lace Closing Support Grips: designed for suspension or pulling where neither end of the conductor is available, suitable for permanent support applications and have the best gripping ability of split-type grips.
- Rod Closing Support Grips: have the lowest gripping ability of split closure methods but is the fastest and easiest to install. The rod does not touch the cable at any point preventing cuts.
- Wide Range Strain Relief Grips: for indoor use only in dry locations & help control arc-of-bend with strain distributed over the length of the grip instead of at a single point. Used to connect cord or cable to electrical enclosures and equipment, power boxes, portable tools, panel boards and machine tools.
- I-Grips: designed for indoor use only, are easy to attach and used to secure plug bodies, provide heavy-duty strain relief and control cable arc-of-bend.
- Bus Drop Grips: support flexible cord or cable at the bus duct when power is supplied from an overhead source. They relieve tension, absorb vibration which protects the cable, and are suitable for indoor use only.
- Junior Pulling Grips: reusable tools with a flexible eye are ideally suited for small jobs where pulling tension is low. They are used for pulling single cable or bundled cables, wire or rope through conduit in overhead, underground, electrical construction and industrial applications.
- Light Duty Pulling Grips: flexible eye for easy attachment to a pulling line & used in general underground electrical construction where pulling tensions are low. Easy tools to use for industrial plant wiring & rewiring and for commercial buildings.
Working Load/Safety Factor
The approximate breaking strength of a Remke grip represents an average calculation based on test factors which have been determined in our engineering labs using NEW grips and metal rods. The broad application of Remke grips request adequate safety factors to be used to establish a SAFE working load. As a rule of thumb the working load may be considered 1/10 of the approximate breaking strength listed in the catalog. Refer to specific catalog pages for more information.
The grips in the catalog have listed Approximate Breaking Strength. The approximate breaking strength of a Remke grip represents an average calculation based on test factors which have been determined from data established from actual testing performed in our engineering laboratories. The actual testing is performed with new grips on metal rods, subject to straight longitudinal tensile loads applied at a uniform rate. Normal manufacturing and test factors can produce a variation of + or - 20% in the approximate breaking strength values listed.
The broad application of Remke Grips on a wide variety of objects requires that adequate safety factors be used to establish a safe working load. The ratio of the listed approximate breaking strength to the normal working load is the safety factor. As an example, a safety factor of ten (10) would then mean the working load is established by dividing the catalog listed approximate breaking strength by ten (10), or it can be stated that the working load is 1/10 of the catalog listed approximate breaking strength.
It is impossible to set a safety factor suitable for all cases as operating conditions are never the same. The load, the speed, the acceleration, the diameter, number of objects gripped, surface of object being gripped, and the attachments used— all of these should be considered, together with the effects of abrasions, corrosion, prior use, or abuse, etc. The user engineer must consider all the variables of his specific application, as well as possible accident consequences, before selecting the safety factor to be applied. Where the conditions of the application are not well defined or where risk of personnel or property damage is high, a greater safety factor should be utilized.
Any warranty as to quality, performance or fitness for use of grips is always premised on the condition that the published approximate breaking strengths apply only to new, unused grips and that such products are properly stored, handled, used, maintained, and properly inspected from time to time during the period of use.
The factory should be consulted for specific application recommendations where approximate breaking strength and holding are considered critical.
Meeting the Needs of a Single Customer
When the product you need doesn’t exist in the standard line talk to us.
Remke Engineered Solutions is entirely focused on meeting the needs of a single customer. Developing application-specific solutions that meet your precise needs is Job 1 and no order is ‘too small’.
Think of our broad spectrum of services like a sliding scale ….. from simple on the left to complex on the right --- from specials on the left to adaptations & variations in the middle to full-scale engineered custom products on the right. Wherever your specific need falls on that spectrum will be the Remke Engineered Solution that is right for your application.
All our Engineered Solutions customers receive:
- Free product design assistance
- Rapid Prototyping
- Design, engineering & manufacturing in the USA
- Quick turnaround in as little as days (based on complexity)
- Versatile & innovative solutions
- Small or large volume manufacturing for any product we design
- 100% product testing
- Compliance Certification – UL, CSA, TUV, CE, etc. (where applicable)
Let us relieve the burden of developing an idea into a manufactured product. Depending on the level of modification required we can fast-track design & create prototypes within days. Put your connectivity problems into the hands of the Remke Engineered Solutions team.