- Cord Connectors, Cable Glands & Wire Mesh Grips
- Molded Connectors & Cordsets
- Solar Connectors
- Search Online Catalog
- Featured Products
- Customer Testimonials
- Tuff-Seal Markets Served
- Tuff-Link Markets Served
- Flexible Solutions
- Cord Connectors & Wire Mesh Grips
- Molded Connectors & Cordsets
- Modification Levels
- Contact Us
- About Us
- News & Programs
- Quality & Compliance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Remke Energy
- Remke Gives Back
- Media Center
- Press Releases
- Image Library
- White Papers
- Competitor Comparison Matrix
- NEW Remke Capabilities Brochure
- Cord Connectors & Wire Mesh Grips Purchasing Checklist
- Molded Connectors & Cordsets Purchasing Checklist
- Remke Top 10
- Market Trends & Research Studies
- Other Useful Websites
- Media Center
- Sales Support
Expanded Family of Dome Cap Cable Glands
More Styles of Liquid-Tight Strain Relief for Dry, Damp, Wet or Underwater Applications
Remke Dome Cap Cable Glands provide easy handling, quick installation, impact and abrasion resistance even at very low temperatures. These cable glands are designed to withstand the rigors of continuous flexing & bending with ease and can be used with a wide range of cables for strain relief both indoors & outdoors.
Have a Question?
Get Help from an Authorized Product Expert Call 1-877-438-8833
Online ePublication with virtual pages
Dome Cap Cable Glands are rated IP 68 making them suitable for use underwater to 300 feet - ideal for submersible applications as well as pumps, fountains and marine use. Exceeding NEMA 6 specifications, the expanded family of Dome Cap Cable Glands includes:
- Standard Nylon Connectors available in a wide range of sizes with either NPT or Pg threads.
- Spiral-Flex Extended Connector offers greater support and arc of bend preventing sharp bends or kinks in cable, and for additional damage protection from moving machinery or machine parts.
- Nickel-Plated Brass Connectors in a variety of thread styles including NPT, ISO/Metric and Pg that are ideal for use in a wide variety of applications including corrosive and industrial environments.
- EMC Cable Glands EN 50262-compliant cable glands equipped with 6 internal 'fingers' that clamp onto the cable shielding to provide 360° electromagnetic interference. Available with ISO/Metric or NPT threads.
- 90 Degree Snap Elbow non-metallic cable gland with NPT threads.
- Ventilation Plugs reduce the adverse affects of humidity in the environment by preventing pressure increase inside the enclosure & limiting temperature increase through air circulation. Vent plugs are permeable to gases and vapors but impermeable to liquids and dust.
- Accessories including O-Rings, Locknuts and Blind Stop Plugs.
Dome Cap Cable Glands are easy to install in either clearance or threaded holes. You simply insert the cord and tighten the "dome-nut" to create a tight seal and relieve any strain on the cable. And no disassembly is required.
NEMA Rating: Exceeds NEMA 6
Protection Class: IP68
Working Temperature Range: Non-Metallic: -20°C to +80°C Metallic: -20°C to +100°C
Max Temperature: Up to 150°C intermittent
Water Pressure: Withstands up to 70 psi
Sealing Ring: Neoprene
O Ring: NBR (Buna N, Nitrile)
Vibration Resistance: Dome Cap utilizes a flying buttress design to ensure protection against vibration even under extreme conditions
Chemical Resistance: alcohols, animal oil, aromatic hydrocarbons, benzene, common solvents, esters, ethers, fluorinated hydrocarbons, gasoline, grease, keytones, mineral oil, motor fuels, petroleum oils, salt water, trichloroethylene, vegetable oils, weak acids and weak alkali solutions
Submerged & Corrosion-Resistant Application
Non-Metallic Connector Doesn’t Absorb Moisture
Developing Application-Specific Solutions That Meet Your Precise Needs
When a standard, off-the-shelf product won't solve your problem… and when other manufacturers tell you 'sorry we can't help you'…look no further than the Remke Flexible Solutions Center…100% dedicated to designing custom products, specials, adaptations and variations with these services offered to all our customers:
- Free product design assistance
- Rapid Prototyping
- Design, engineering & manufacturing in the USA
- Quick turnaround in as little as days (based on complexity)
- Versatile & innovative solutions
- Small or large volume manufacturing for any product we design
- 100% product testing
- Compliance Certification – UL, CSA, TUV, CE, etc. (where applicable)
Let us relieve the burden of developing an idea into a manufactured product. We can fast-track design & create prototypes within days depending on the level of modification required. Put your connectivity problems into the hands of the Remke Flexible Solutions Center.