Mouse over to zoom
Cable Glands with a Dome Cap Deliver Superior Strain Relief and Environmental Protection
Remke's cable glands with dome cap withstand the rigors of continuous flexing and stand up to harsh environments. They deliver heavy-duty cable strain relief indoors and outdoors.
Get industrial-strength impact and abrasions resistance, even in wet or damp environments or at low temperatures.
The Dome Cap makes cable glands easier to handle and quicker to install, creating a strong seal without disassembly.
Remke has the right configurations to get the job done right the first time.
Thousands are in-stock or ready to customize to your exact specs with the Remke Engineered Solutions program.
- Metallic and non-metallic materials
- Plastic, nylon, steel and more
- NEMA & IP ratings
- Special features for strain relief
- Armored cable glands
- Liquidtight and submersible
Now featuring 6 tines, instead of 4, with bigger contact surfaces for easier tightening and stronger connections.
Call Toll Free
- Technical Specifications
- Engineered Solutions
Industrial-Strength Cable Glands that Withstand the Elements
Whether you need waterproof cable glands, or armored, plastic or strain relief versions, Remke has you covered!
With many different configurations, our inventory of Dome Cap Cable Glands is ready for your application. Or we can manufacture custom cable glands in small or large runs. See the ‘Engineered Solutions’ tab for details.
Easier to Handle and Quicker to Install
Dome Cap Cable Glands are easy to install in either clearance or threaded holes. Simply insert the cord and tighten the “dome-nut” to create a tight seal and relieve any strain on the cable. No disassembly is required.
Remke cable glands now feature 6 tines, instead of 4, with larger contact surfaces for easier tightening and stronger connections.
NEMA and IP Rated
Dome Cap Cable Glands are rated IP 68 and meet NEMA 6 specifications, making them suitable for use underwater to 165 feet - ideal for submersible applications as well as pumps, fountains and marine use.
Many Configurations and Materials to Meet Your Specs
- Standard Nylon Connectors available in a wide range of sizes with either NPT, Pg or ISO Metric threads.
- Newly Designed GEN 4 EMC Cable Glands provide easy insertion of cable from either side without damaging cable shield. Features 6 internal 'fingers' (or tines) with larger contact surfaces that allows low contact resistance on woven cable braids and foil shields.
- Spiral-Flex Extended Connector offers greater support and arc of bend preventing sharp bends or kinks in cable, and for additional damage protection from moving machinery or machine parts..
- Nickel-Plated Brass Connectors in a variety of thread styles including NPT, ISO/Metric and Pg that are ideal for use in a wide variety of applications including corrosive and industrial environments.
- 90 Degree Snap Elbow non-metallic cable gland with NPT threads.
- Ventilation Plugs reduce the adverse affects of humidity in the environment by preventing pressure increase inside the enclosure & limiting temperature increase through air circulation. Vent plugs are permeable to gases and vapors but impermeable to liquids and dust.
- Accessories including O-Rings, Locknuts and Blind Stop Plugs.
Keep in touch with evolving trends and get ahead of the rest!
NEMA Rating: Exceeds NEMA 6
Protection Class: IP68
Working Temperature Range: Non-Metallic: -20°C to +80°C Metallic: -20°C to +100°C
Max Temperature: Up to 150°C intermittent
Water Pressure: Withstands up to 70 psi
Sealing Ring: Neoprene
O Ring: NBR (Buna N, Nitrile)
Vibration Resistance: Dome Cap utilizes a flying buttress design to ensure protection against vibration even under extreme conditions
Chemical Resistance: alcohols, animal oil, aromatic hydrocarbons, benzene, common solvents, esters, ethers, fluorinated hydrocarbons, gasoline, grease, keytones, mineral oil, motor fuels, petroleum oils, salt water, trichloroethylene, vegetable oils, weak acids and weak alkali solutions
Meeting the Needs of a Single Customer
When the product you need doesn’t exist in the standard line talk to us.
Remke Engineered Solutions is entirely focused on meeting the needs of a single customer. Developing application-specific solutions that meet your precise needs is Job 1 and no order is ‘too small’.
Think of our broad spectrum of services like a sliding scale ….. from simple on the left to complex on the right --- from specials on the left to adaptations & variations in the middle to full-scale engineered custom products on the right. Wherever your specific need falls on that spectrum will be the Remke Engineered Solution that is right for your application.
All our Engineered Solutions customers receive:
- Free product design assistance
- Rapid Prototyping
- Design, engineering & manufacturing in the USA
- Quick turnaround in as little as days (based on complexity)
- Versatile & innovative solutions
- Small or large volume manufacturing for any product we design
- 100% product testing
- Compliance Certification – UL, CSA, TUV, CE, etc. (where applicable)
Let us relieve the burden of developing an idea into a manufactured product. Depending on the level of modification required we can fast-track design & create prototypes within days. Put your connectivity problems into the hands of the Remke Engineered Solutions team.