Customized Product Solution
Outdoor Meter Application
Shielded Connector Provides Signal Integrity
On an outdoor pipeline, a global manufacturer of flow measurement & control products was using a hand-wired connector with one of its pressure transducers. But reliability of the hand-wired connector was a concern because
- Excessive noise interfered with signal integrity from the transducer to the control system
- Hand wiring the connector was time consuming
- Design of the hand-wired connector was not waterproof or tamper-resistant - both of which are imperative in a gas meter application.
The Remke Flexible Solution:
The Remke Flexible Solutions Team determined that Modification Level 3 – A Customized Product Solution was the best answer to meet the customers’ needs.
The Remke Flexible Solutions team:
- Developed an industrial-grade molded connector that provided
- Tamper resistance
- IP 68 and NEMA 6P protection
- A 360º aluminum mylar foil shield to minimize electrical interference
- Protection to the housing of the pressure transducer
According to the customer, The Remke Flexible Solution “more than adequately solved the previous connection deficiencies and provides additional benefits as well.”