Custom Cable Connectors and Assembly Line Robot Application
Customized Product Solution
Custom Cable Connectors for Assembly Line Robot Application
Rubber Cone on Connector Provides Rigidity
A ‘big 3’ car maker uses welding robots on their production and assembly lines. But traditional connection methods using strain relief connectors with wire mesh grips were not working-
- Repetitive movement & excessive flexing of the welding robot was causing the cable insulation to become fractured and broken at key stress points
- Damage caused the cable to short-out and the robot to shut down
- When the welding robot shuts down so does the entire production line
The Remke Engineered Solution:
The Remke Engineered Solutions Team determined that a Customized Product Solution was needed to solve the car makers problems.
The Remke Engineered Solutions team:
- Developed the Tuff-Flex Cord Grip Connector featuring a molded rubber cone that is tapered for rigidity and flexibility.
- The molded rubber cone matches cable arc-of-bend specifications to eliminate cable damage.
- The connector is ideal for use in any application where cable damage due to excessive flexing is a problem.
The ‘big 3’ car maker tests each cone and the Tuff-Flex Cord Grip Connector has exceeded their cycle test requirements every time. As they have said “this connector solved our problem.”